Learn how to master the Linux/MacOS command-line from scratch using Bash.
The Unix Command-Line for Beginners
What you’ll learn ?
- How to understand and execute instructions
- The Unix filesystem and how to browse it.
- Expansions and how to utilize them
- How to work with files and folders
- Learn how to reroute the input and output of a command
- How to utilize the text editors built into the terminal
- What are package managers and how do I utilize them?
- How to create users, groups, and access permissions.
- How to manage a number of processes
- Knowledge of how to utilize a computer and its applications at a basic level.
The Unix Command-Line for Beginners!
Good day, everyone! I’m a senior backend developer and online teacher who will show you how to master the Unix shell in this course.
Although it is true that the graphical user interface greatly facilitates our day-to-day computer usage, such as navigating between directories, editing files, and installing applications, Beyond giving an exceptional amount of control over the operating system, the shell continues to be the best, and, in some cases, the only choice, for doing the majority of our responsibilities as developers.
Because technologies like Git or Linux servers don’t have a graphical interface, shells are often the only way to run specific applications or connect to other machines.
This course will cover a lot of material, but don’t worry; I don’t presume you already know what a terminal, command-line, or text editor are, so we’ll go over everything step-by-step.
All you’ll need is a PC or virtual machine that runs Linux or macOS.
Because theory alone isn’t enough, you’ll find practical tasks sprinkled throughout each session to ensure that the principles you learn stay.
See Also :
- Linux Command Line basics to Advance